5 STEPS TO HELP SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESSFUL HEALTH THIS WEEK
Vibrant Life, LLC wants to help keep you on track to lead a successful, healthy life.
Here are some ideas for you to help you reset your focus and keep you on track for this week (and every week)!
1. Make sure you are eating a nutrient-dense diet. Lots of high-quality, lean proteins; complex carbohydrates; healthy fats; and steer clear of processed foods and refined sugars. Watch those carbs! Read your labels. Aim for net carbs of about 24 grams per day and look for foods with no more than 5 grams of sugar. Remember, YOU CANNOT OUT-RUN A BAD DIET!. It starts here!
2. Do you have your strength training days planned out? We menopausal gals must do our muscle work to help us maintain lean muscle mass and keep our bones healthy and strong.
Aim for 2 to 3 days of muscle work, making sure to include all muscle groups---upper body, core, and lower body. Your workout should fatigue your muscles.
Secret tip...eat a small complex carbohydrate about 30 minutes before your workout to energize you and eat some high-quality protein within 2 hours following your workout to help nourish and build your muscles.
3. Cardio! Do you have 2 to 3 days of cardio planned out? We need cardio to put the muscle in motion, burn fat, and help keep our circulatory and cardiovascular systems healthy and strong. 15 to 30 minutes, 2 to 3 days a week is about all you need.
4. Stretching/Breathing/Relaxation. EVERYDAY
5. Make sure you are allowing yourself good quality sleep.
About 7 hours of uninterrupted, quality sleep is considered healthy...though this will vary some from person to person. Some people need a little less sleep, some need a little more sleep each night.
All the pieces must be in place and if you do these top 5 things, you will be well on your way to accomplishing the weight loss, health, and strength you are seeking.
#healthylife #greatweek #setyourselfupforsuccess #whattodoforahealthyweek #marymitchell #vibrantlife